The Sr. HRIS Analytics Consultant will act as an internal consultant to identify strategic business requirements for developing HR statistical and analytical reporting; conduct needs analysis for Key Performance Reporting requirements to support HR Operating Plan initiatives; designs and oversees the standardization of HR data reports and queries; and maintain a Data Dictionary. This role will have a key role in HR Reporting/Analysis projects of significant complexity; designing and executing HR Systems quality assurance audits; and recommending, designing, developing and presenting HR data reporting for use by managers, and strategic KPIs and Performance Reports for use by Executive Committee members, Global Officer Coalition members, and the HR Leadership team. This person will also provide analytical support to the HR Leadership team in the planning, projected ROI and proof of concept analysis for major HR initiatives. In addition to managing the use and distribution of Office Depot's HR Data, this position will be the point of contact for internal use of HR Data, and will be responsible for reviewing data requests to ensure that the use of any data is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. This position will manage the PeopleSoft HR system role security, and will review, draft and present HR Data Security SOX control narratives for approval by the Manager, Sr. HRIM. The Manager, HR Data and Analysis will also work with internal and external auditors to pull and review information as needed to complete HR Data audits.
- Leads the detailed analysis of the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of major global HR activities and HR Operating Plan initiatives as measured by key performance indicators. With analyst team, creates high-level executive interpretive summaries of HR activity analysis for use by Office Depot Executives.
- Designs and develops HR management reporting and strategic KPI reporting tools. Oversees processes for use by mid-level managers to plan for, track and evaluate HR activities and by senior leadership to evaluate the success of strategic HR activities and make decisions about the deployment of HR capital.
- Leads team in the selection and prioritization of internal and external HR data in conducting research projects to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of leading edge global HR practices and to correlate them to actual business results. Develops and presents executive summaries of findings with recommendations for applying knowledge of practices evaluated to Office Depot's requirements.
- Acts as an internal consultant and Subject matter expert on statistical analysis, utilization reporting and various reporting techniques for HR data. Examples include Diversity reporting, Engagement Survey reporting, Retention and tenure reporting, Selection tool utilization analysis, etc.
- Primary point of contact for business area and HR Leadership team requests for standardized global HR data reporting design (not necessarily for assistance with individual HR data queries).
- Maintains data integrity in HR systems through developing and implementing HR system quality assurance audit processes for use by HR Analysts and Auditors. Summarize reporting, highlight risks, actionable data and make recommendations for process changes and action plans.
- Responsible for working with other business areas (i.e. , Store Operations, Finance, Legal, IT) and other HR department analysts to ensure that HR data is obtained, utilized and stored appropriately and that company metrics use consistent criteria for the reporting of HR data (for example to ensure that Turnover and Retention is measured the same way).
- Responsible for managing and controlling PeopleSoft HR role security design, requests for access through the Web Access Request Tool, and through team, conducting quarterly or otherwise required audits to ensure that HR system access is granted only to those currently authorized to have a particular role or roles. Works closely with the Manager, Sr. HRIM Manager and Director, Compliance (and other Compliance and Internal Audit staff) to review, modify, create or change SOX control narratives.
- Conducts projects to support the organization such as Annual Query Maintenance, Quarterly Access Audits, PeopleSoft Query Training, PeopleSoft Query Guide and others as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance to HR Analysts regarding HR Data reporting and KPI standards and criteria. Is primary point person for HR reporting requests from the Operating Committee.
Education and Experience:
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.)
- Area of Study: Business orientation; HR, Finance, Marketing
- Strong hands-on experience in Fusion Extracts, OTBI Reports, BI Publisher, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Data Warehousing, and Data Modeling.
- Five to eight years of experience in a large corporate environment performing moderately complex to very complex employee and/or customer activity analysis and research, using qualitative and quantitative measurement and data collection design principles in HR, Finance, or Marketing.
- Exposure and involvement in System roles security is a strong plus.
- Prior project leadership experience is a strong preference.
- At least three to five years of experience working directly in or closely collaborating with an HR function is a requirement.
- Special Certifications or Technical Skills:
- PHR/SPHR/Global SPHR certification preferred
- Practical work-related application, education and/or certification in statistical analysis is required.
- Information Systems:
- Experience with large project management and system implementation is preferred.
- Must be able to work immediately with online applications and systems, and be capable of quickly learning new applications as a "super-user", for example Cognos or Hyperion reporting systems, SAS analytical reporting software, PeopleSoft HR or Finance query writing and reporting tools, etc.
- Technical Competencies:
- Must possess knowledge of organizational development, change management and quality assurance principles.
- Must have a strong understanding of HR processes and data to ensure correct interpretation of data and implementation of KPIs.
- Must possess a strong understanding of HRIM database structure, functions and processes, and experience with database tools.
- Experience with HR systems like PeopleSoft, SAP, or Lawson is highly desirable. Must have a thorough "advanced" understanding of MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint tools.
- Will have responsibility for producing executive summaries and analysis of global HR data; must be able to work effectively with HR system experts in each country in which Office Depot operates and understand the legal and procedural requirements for the use of HR data.
- Skills and Ability:
- Must possess very effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Needs to be able to influence decisions and negotiate commitments very effectively at all levels of the organization including executive.
- Must have proven project management, follow-through and personal organization skills.
- Must have very strong analytical skills and the ability to take complex information and put it into a simple Executive Summary format; must be able to understand and anticipate Executive need for appropriate level of information and detail. - Must be able to prioritize conflicting objectives.
- Must be able to translate strategic objectives into strategic KPIs.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information that is global is scope.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direct supervision and inspire confidence in the quality of work.
- Must be able to lead, train and supervise exempt analysts.
- Personal Attributes:
- Must be able to work with highly confidential data and information, with the utmost personal and professional integrity.
- Must have a high degree of organizational savvy and practical "street smarts" in working with and transferring HR data and information within the organization.
- Must possess a high level of emotional maturity and self-awareness when presenting or receiving information that may be subject to re-interpretation or critiquing.
- Needs to quickly understand the "big picture" implications of HR information or an idea or proposal.
- Other/Preferred: Ability to provide project management leadership and direction to other professionals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.