The Sr. Manager, Data Science Marketing Data Engineering will be responsible for interpreting and analyzing data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method. Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data. Responsible for managing highly technical Data scientists, building relationship across Marketing and BU owners and providing Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modeling solutions.
Looking for talented and driven individuals who can help us take smart business decisions by finding valuable and actionable insights from large amount of data. Ability to leverage cutting edge Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence data mining and data modeling techniques to answer business questions to support business strategies. Strong analytical mindset with excellent mathematical and statistical background and adept in programing in established and open-source languages. Strong understanding of data engineering and cloud-based systems architecture required to run and deploy complex machine learning models. Accountable for driving valuable fact-based and quantitative consumer insights from internal systems who can turn data into information, information into insights and insights into business decisions. Facilitate “big thinking” conversations with Functional leaders on market insights and tying those with Insights from inside customer data.
Adept in working with business stakeholders, management, technical teams, and vendors to analyze needs, define requirements, evaluate risks, and manage execution of project initiatives. Provide leadership and framework to ensure on-time and within budget solution delivery. Natural communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills and ability to build and manage successful teams.
· Develop and build analytical models using Python, R, or AWS Sagemaker, collaborate with cross functional business owners to deliver the production grade analytical models. Help in estimating and evaluating performance improvements and socializes the value that the analytical models can provide to make critical business decisions
· Work collaboratively with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders to identify relevant data sources, bring data sets together, leverage data science approaches to drive efficiency and effectiveness across processes and technologies
· Apply statistical/ econometrics/ machine learning/ data mining/ big data/ reinforcement learning approaches to analyze and provide insights and recommendations to the business partners and Leadership Team on how to improve financial and non-financial metrics. Track progress and impact of key data science projects tested and implemented
· Define and develop detailed analytics requirements and specs for new AI/ML initiatives, product features and product launches. Ask the right questions to understand the problem and validate understanding with stakeholders
· Present findings to key stakeholders through creation of PowerPoint and verbal presentations. Support the development of documentation including design, implementation, use cases, test cases and training documents
· Manage a team of highly technical data scientists by delegating the tasks, coaching, mentoring, defining the standards for the AI/ML practice, analytical insights, including providing automated tools and best practices to the data scientists. Document steps and practices for future references, as well as for back-up purposes
· Stay current and maintain expert level knowledge on latest industry trends, developments in methodologies and technologies and bring it to the attention of peers and management team for evaluation and incorporation into our analytical tools and frameworks
· Proactively drive model monitoring and managements through dashboards, and maintain alerts to update production grade data science solutions as needed to ensure high level of quality, predictability, and consistency of the solutions. Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions
Education and Experience:
· Level of Formal Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
o Area of Study: Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, MIS, Economics
· Years of Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of experience in related field
· Type of Experience:
o Experience with Business Intelligence, Dashboard Reporting, Data Development, or Data Science
o Experience working with and creating data architectures and a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
o Experience using languages (Python, SQL, Spark, R etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
o Knowledge and experience in advanced Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms and statistics: GLM/Regression, Classification, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
o Retail experience
o Worked in large databases
o Collaborative across departments
o Organized and can multi-task
o Experience managing a team
· Technical Competencies & Information Systems:
o Familiar with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Snowflake, Google Analytics and Cognos.
o AWS Sagemaker
· Skills & Abilities:
o Knowledge of relational databases and at least one query language
o Strong analytical skills
o Critical thinking to solve the business need
o Creative analytics visualization
o Excellent leadership and communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and present findings to stakeholders at all levels
o A passion for keeping up with industry and technology trends
o Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, with daily tracking and follow-up to meet deadlines
o Results oriented, high-energy style and drive to success
o Experienced with Agile methodology. Experience with JIRA a plus
o Motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and prioritize competing requests in a fast-paced environment, meeting project deadlines
o Proficient in analytics and consult, develop, and maintain AI/ ML solutions
· Personal Attributes & Other/Preferred:
o Expected to take on a lead role in projects and provide mentorship to other members of the analytics team.
o Need to prepare, interpret, and present analytics findings and results to Marketing Leadership Team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I began my career as an intern in Property Accounting at Office Depot 12 years ago. Office Depot helped me leverage my academic background in Finance, leading me to tenures in General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning & Analysis. I was able to then pivot my career to the IT PMO, and more recently the EPMO. As a Lead Functional Analyst, I work to improve the financial visibility of projects to Project Managers and Leaders across the enterprise as well as to enable better decision making. I look forward to growing with Office Depot and contributing to a winning environment!"
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
Office Depot Supports Komen South Florida Race for the Cure 2020 #DepotDifference