At Office Depot Inc., the Sales Advisor is a part-time role providing exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store, and protecting company assets. The Sales Advisor will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing basic training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The Sales Advisor will demonstrate a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. The Sales Advisor will utilize Office Depot Inc’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
1. Provides exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store, and protecting company assets.
2. Performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set, and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage.
3. Follows the established sorting and stocking guidelines and completes freight processes. Ensures freight sorting area is organized and setup in accordance with guidelines. Scans, investigates, and fills inventory lows and outs daily.
4. Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
5. Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
6. Works to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches, and special initiatives.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices and supports company loss prevention efforts.
8. Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certifications, if required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Level of Formal Education:
· High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
Years of Experience:
· No previous experience required
Type of Experience:
· Retail sales experience preferred
· Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers and other employees.
· Basic computer skills
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and G-Mail
· Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job.
· Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system.
Skills and Ability:
· Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete documentation, utilize training tools and process inventory.
Information Systems (People Soft, etc.):
· Must possess ability to work with computers to process information/inventory through computer systems.
· Must enjoy interacting with people
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax