General Summary :
At Office Depot Inc., every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location, assist in day-to-day operations, and develop store strategies and tactics. The Client Engagement Manager should have a passion for the brand and is responsible for customer satisfaction, community outreach, and in-store events for small & medium businesses. This person will partner with the management team in driving a memorable client/customer experience. The Client Engagement Manager provides guidance and direction to store associates, including Print Services associates, and facilitates ongoing training on the business model and the importance of providing clients/customers with a holistic service offering.
The Client Engagement Manager will also be a ‘Key Carrier’ and considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other management. All Full-Time Client Engagement Managers must be able to work a flexible schedule that aligns with business needs. This includes, the ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays. In addition, Full-Time Client Engagement Manager positions must be able to perform External Key Carrier responsibilities which include but are not limited to opening and closing responsibilities and being scheduled for those respective shifts.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Deliver exceptional customer/client service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Drives positive customer satisfaction levels and effectively trains associates on enhancing overall client/customer experience.
· Lead customer satisfaction programs and related initiatives, such as Net Promoter Score (NPS), by identifying areas of opportunity, reporting on metrics, advising the leadership team of progress and recommendations for improvement. Proactively grows business through client/customer centric programs such as Office Depot Inc. Rewards Programs and local marketing plays (loyalty signups, mobile app downloads, etc.).
· Leads community outreach initiatives and is accountable for initiating and coordinating in-store events targeting small and medium businesses in order to increase foot traffic and client/customer retention.
· Leads, coaches and trains associates to properly assess client/customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty, and exceptional client/customer service delivery. Supports an environment that encourages creative, innovative thinking and risk taking provided. Drives Services sales, including print and tech.
· Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product . Support new product launches and special initiatives
· Routinely reviews cash handling, cashier and merchandise error logs, register voids, tax exemption and all related cash office audits.
· Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of the management team. Performing opening or closing responsibilities. This includes activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system, cash handling, daily store balancing and system processing.
· Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keeps a neat, clean, well-stocked environment. Adheres to all standards related to signage labeling and merchandise presentation.
· Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification and other position specific certifications as required. Completes all management training; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment, Code of Ethics, etc. Adheres to OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, wage and hour, I-9 compliance and other legal requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or another related field preferred
· Minimum 2 years of experience in related field
· Minimum two years of experience in retail, including a supervisory role in a sales-driven, customer-oriented environment.
· Basic computer skills
· Advanced selling skills
· Must be able to effectively lead and coach others in a professional environment
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to execute detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others
· Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress and ambiguity
· Must possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
· Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
· Customer Focus
· Positive and Engaging
· Action Oriented
· Integrity & Trust
· Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
· Coaches, Trains / Motivates, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Collaboration / Team Spirit, Accountability, Drives for Results-Oriented, Directing Others, Business Acumen, Decision Quality, Time Management
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax